Saturday, December 8, 2012

Project Baby!

 



Yep--that's right! I am PREGNANT!

12 weeks

I now only have 23 days to go... and that means I have put off writing this blog for 257 days since I found out.
Yes, I have been slacking. And now I finally have a reason!
Barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen! Right where I should be!


A lot of changes are happening at Castle Debauchery, and none of them are getting finished it seems.
We have converted the  office to a nursery and workout room to include the office.


We have piles of baby stuff everywhere! 
Practice baby

The garden sadly has been neglected most this year.

Don't look too closely!

The garden does not approve this picture!

 
I had this fantastic idea to get some straw to keep the weeds down and the moisture in back in June...
Oh so pretty back in June!
Worked out great until the weeds started growing! I guess I need to look in to SEED FREE straw?
So there was a lot more weed pulling, that I didn't do.
Thankfully I have good friends to help pull weeds and water the garden.
We didn't really BBQ or throw any parties.
We didn't even eat meals that required more than 10 minutes of prep!
No energy or appetite does that to you.
I didn't want Kale, Collards or Chard much, so those over grew!
I didn't feel like making something new with tomatoes either.
I ended up letting the last harvest go to waste because I always thought TOMORROW I would do something with them.
I seriously cried over spoiled tomatoes. I will blame baby on this.

Meanwhile in pregnancy land:
I have been very fortunate to have had a relatively easy time being pregnant.
It started with carpal tunnel in my right wrist. All those extra fluids push on the nerves, but should go away once baby is here. Meanwhile I just wore a wrist brace at night--and it made my wrist usable during the day!
Heartburn most days. But I have a giant bottle of tums, tums in my purse, and made a trip for tastier tums!
It really is amazing what you can get accustom to.

Cuddling with new baby quilt. Baby is going to have to fight me for it.
Extreme Fatigue in the first trimester. I took a nap every day after work and still slept about 8hrs at night. No plans were possible. Extreme fatigue could be a new sport it was that serious.
As bad as all that sounds, I have been extremely lucky and feeling pretty okay most days! I have worked full time thru it all.


Since we are almost to D-Day which is 12/31/12, I thought I would finally get my butt in gear and tell the world about it.
We have 3 bedrooms upstairs, all with 1978 carpet.

Not enough time, energy or want to paint and redo flooring. We like the beige(Sand Motif) on the walls, so we left it. Decorations can add color. We also want to install wood floors through the entire house so we didn't start yet, as we were afraid if we did this room now, the exact flooring wouldn't be available once the rest the house got started. It is pretty dark on the east side of the house
So our solution was a bright light colored rug and light colored furniture!


Almost finished here--Travis spent a good 3 days assembling it all. Since we are having a boy, he used wood glue on the dresser and changing table and it took a while to dry.
We have since rearranged and added some art work and new blinds. The angle of the room doesn't let me show you any good pics though.
 

Anyway--I needed to get this all out for documentation--I have much much more to tell you!
2012 has been a busy and exciting year here at Castle Debauchery! And it is only going to get more exciting!
Never fear--I do not plan  on turning this in to a mommy/baby blog at all. I plan on keeping us, the baby & the world  up to date on what we are able to accomplish, meanwhile with baby in tow!

I am sure it is a pipe dream, but I hope to finish out the alphabet before baby gets here (loud laughter) but I have been saying this for a year now huh?

QRSTUVWXYZ!

4 comments:

  1. What a surprise. Congratulations!
    Be well and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now this is a wonderful surprise! I was wondering what was going on at good ol' Castle Debauchery. Love the baby's room, very nice and bright. I got a chuckle out of extreme fatigue, you know it does sound like a competitive sport. I remember those days all too well.

    Don't worry about the garden, and if you do try straw again, the secret is once the weeds start to come up, you simply smother them with more straw. It sounds insane but it works great, that is, if you have access to lots and lots of straw.

    But who cares about the garden, you've got way more important stuff going on! Best wishes to you and Travis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room looks great! I really like that carpet. Isn't putting baby furniture together fun? :)
    My garden was ignored while I was pregnant and by late spring/ early summer I would go out while my little one napped.
    It won't be long, get all the rest you can now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost a year has gone by and inquiring minds need to know how things are going? I think of you often. Please update us on life at Castle Debauchery!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate input, advice, ideas and telling me I'm doing it wrong. So chime in!